Re: macosx command line lilypond-book

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: macosx command line lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:42:38 +0100

Trevor Bača wrote:
On 3/8/06, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:

On 2/28/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:

Are we talking about the same thing?  Back in the .dmg package days,
there were a few scripts (and a README).  The "lilypond.sh" script
contained

python "$INSTALLDIR/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/lilycall.py" \
 "$INSTALLDIR/LilyPond.app/" $@

There was also a "lilypond-script-wrapper.sh"

Are those no longer required?

No, they shouldn't be, but I never tried.

If lilycall.py is no longer the preferred way to call lily from the
commandline under OS X, could someone kindly point me to the newer,
better way?

I've added  a note to the manual, it now says:

The scripts (such as lilypond-book, convert-ly, abc2ly, etc.) are also
included inside MacOS X .app. They can be run from the command line by
invoking them directly, e.g.

@example
@var{path/to}/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/convert-ly
@end example