Re: unmetered music question

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: unmetered music question
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:59:32 -0800

On 15-Mar-06, at 9:54 AM, Geoff Horton wrote:

On 3/15/06, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

On 15-Mar-06, at 3:07 AM, Geoff Horton wrote:

That still leaves the blank spaces within the bars. You have to remove the engraver to stop that from happening (AFAIK), and I don't know how
to remove it and put it back as needed.

What about
\new Staff \with {
  \remove "blah" } {
....notes....
}
Same effect, I think. I prefer to keep the formatting decisions
isolated from the score setup as much as possible, so I'm not a big
fan of the \new syntax.

Well, if you want some staffs with time signatures and some staffs without time signatures, \with is your friend. :) If you want to add and remove time signatures in the middle of a piece, this solution doesn't work, of course.
- Graham