Re: SciTE and Lilypond

From: Simon Dahlbacka
Subject: Re: SciTE and Lilypond
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:39:27 +0200

On 3/24/06, Erik Sandberg <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thursday 23 March 2006 04.56, RDNewman wrote:
> At the  SciTE web site , there seems to be a pretty cool source code editor
> that can be set up to auto compile if the right commands are given.  It
> needs a lexer to support Lilypond though.
>
> I'm fairly new to Lilypond and am using it to support my efforts to learn
> the guitar.
>
> Is there a recommended editor (I'm on Windows here, or I'd consider Kate or
> something similar) that is already recognizes .ly files for syntax
> highlighting and can handle make style compilations?
[Erik]
You could give jedit a try. It has a powerful lilypond mode, and it is
cross-platform.

..except the Console plugin (newest version) is broken and you'll need to get another one, it does not support 2.8 yet, and that it had difficulties understand me writing tildes, etc etc, but other than that, it seems promising

/Simon