Re: Change pdf viewer on mac

From: mark oilcan
Subject: Re: Change pdf viewer on mac
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 07:31:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- Orm Finnendahl <address@hidden> wrote:

> A couple of days ago I posted a modified lilypond-mode.el which takes
> advantage of xpdf's -remote option which does what you're asking for.
>
> It only works if you use emacs, though...

Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I can get a pdf viewer pointing to the
final pdf, and it refreshes automatically. The problem on the Mac is that
when I do command-R it compiles then pops Preview to the front. If I could
make it just do the compiling, without launching Preview (or shifting focus
to it) then that would be sufficient. I took a look at lilycall.py in
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources but the changes I made there
didn't seem to have an effect. I don't really know python, so I'm not sure if
that's a limitation of mine or whether lilycall.py is used at all. So, is
there a way to customize the behavior of Lilypond to just do the compiling
without launching a pdf viewer? I don't have any problem with altering
scripts, if that's necessary, but I'll need some pointers on which ones.

Mark A