Re: Polyphony

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Polyphony
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 23:03:25 +0200

Musically, this means that two separate music voices merge
into a single chord. Obviously, the main hackers behind LilyPond don't think that this makes sense, musically. Still, you can obtain the desired layout by drawing either the slur or the tie to an invisible note in its own voice and keeping the full chord in the other voice. For example.
\new Staff \relative c' <<
 {<f d>4 ( <e c g> ) } \\ {a,8\rest g ~ \hideNotes g4 }

  /Mats

Quoting Tomas Valusek <address@hidden>:

Hello,

I'm going to clarify my need. I'd like to achive similar result as Lime can do in this short example given in attachement. I need both slurs and the chord with a single stem.

Tomas Valusek