Re: Polyphony

From: eduardo . susan
Subject: Re: Polyphony
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:38:53 -0300

Hello Tomas and users,

Take a look at this two examples that I think will further clarify Lilypond
capabilities in handling chords, slurs and different voices.
% This first situation is very common in songbooks:

\new Staff \relative c' { < e  c >2^( ~ < f  c >2) ^( ~ < e c >1) }

\layout { ragged-right=##t }

% This second example I found in a song, I don't know if it correct notation
practice, but I managed to make Lilypond reproduce it, despite the warnings:

\version "2.8.0"
\header { title = "Excerpt of the song My Refuge"

}

\score { \context Staff {\time 3/4 << \context Voice = soop { \voiceOne
c''2.~ c''2.~  c''2.} \context Voice = con { e'2. \stemDown a'4 g' f'
\stemNeutral e'2.} >>

\layout { ragged-right=##t }