Re: Replys

From: Tomas Valusek
Subject: Re: Replys
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:25:16 +0200

Hello,

so nothing's going to change? Than you're going to lose a good deal of ordinary Windows users, since neither Otlook, Outlook Express nor Thunderbird contain "Reply to list" option ...

Tom V.

Gilles Sadowski napsal(a):
Hello.

Thunderbird doesn't include a "Reply to list" command,

Then, you could file a bug ("wishlist") report, requesting
the feature.

to lilypond list, and since all other lists follow the practice mentioned above, there's no reason for me to change my habits.

It depends.  If the lilypond ML settings are the right way to do
it, then you should.
But I like LilyPond much and I'd like to use it, so I'd like to monitor its mailing lists regularly, but the reply behavior of this list sucks.

"All mail clients suck. This one just sucks less." (http://www.mutt.org/)

By default, "mutt" provides key bindings that do the right thing.
E.g. when viewing your post, I get the following behaviour:

  Key               ->   Address

   r (reply)        ->  To: Tomas Valusek <address@hidden>
   g (group reply)  ->  To: Tomas Valusek <address@hidden>
   L (list reply)   ->  To: address@hidden

Isn't that nice?  :-)

[Note that the group reply does *not* include the ML as one of the
recipients!]

Best,
Gilles