Re: kill off acrobat reader before generating .pdf?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: kill off acrobat reader before generating .pdf?
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:28:59 -0700 (PDT)

Outright killing the EXE would be problematic for those of us who keep Adobe
opened with the user manual and other documents while coding lilypond.

It should instead issue a "Close" request to Adobe telling it to close the
file name if it's currently opened.  Yes I believe Adobe Reader exposes a
public Close method that can be called by getting an object reference to the
running EXE.  I think you can get an Adobe developers manual/kit from Adobe
that would document how to do this prgrammatically maybe using Windows
scripting host.