Re: multi \transpose in old crook- trumpet parts - a solution

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: multi \transpose in old crook- trumpet parts - a solution
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:30:00 -0700

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
1. Enter all the code as per the original into a "notes" file keeping the five sections described above in separate definitions (macros):

% file: dvorak_trumpet_original_part.ly
% apply appropriate \relative commands below
emusici = { <first half in E> }
esmusic = { <2 measures in Es> }
emusicii = { <16 measures in E> }
cmusic = { <16 measures in C> }
emusiciii = { <rest in E> }

2. Assemble the piece in the same file with:
music = { \emusici
                \transpose e es \esmusic
                \emusicii
                \transpose e c \cmusic
                \emusiciii
                }

I consider this still too complicated.  The right solution IMHO is to
use \tag commands (e.g. \tag 'score, \tag 'trumpetI, \tag 'trumpetII,
etc.) which are then filtered out accordingly.
Thanks.  I just looked at

       8.2.8 Different editions from one source

When I have time I'll figure \tag out. Right now looking the doc above it isn't obvious how I would apply this to make transposition any easier than it already is for me. I know that if I can understand objects (which I do) that I can figure out \tag but the understanding hasn't come yet.

Thanks again,

Paul