Re: Score identifier not working in book block

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Score identifier not working in book block
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:23:59 -0700

On 23-Apr-06, at 4:52 PM, Josiah Boothby wrote:

just a hunch, try putting a space between \relative c' and the bracket, so:

\relative c' {

what you have is

\relative c'{

No, this makes no difference at all.

On 4/23/06, Michael Brennan <address@hidden> wrote:
Graham Percival wrote:

The music needs to be in an explicit {}.
\book {
  {
    \myscore

- Graham
Thanks for the answer, but I still can't get it to work.
When I try that way I get an syntax error, unexpected '{',
which points out the second { in the \book.

Huh.  OK, forget about the \score in your identifier; go with
\book{
  \score{
    {
      \mymusic
}}}

Why did you want the \score in the identifier, anyway? If you have many scores and want to save typing/space, you could do

\book{
  \score { { \mymusicOne } }
  \score { { \mymusicTwo } }
...etc