Re: Macro pre-processing?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Macro pre-processing?
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:06:43 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, being a musician I was unaware of such a program.  I'll go buy the m4
Windows XP version after I look at a demo version.

I need to generate chord fret markup of each chord form in all enharmonic
spellings at every neck position, as a \include library of diagrams.  This
is 200-300 lines of markup per chord, considering that I will be doing maybe
1000 or so chord forms, thats a big LP file of 200,000 lines or so and over
26,000 variable names (1000 chords times 26 enharmonic root name spellings
at all positions)!  Each markup is assigned to a different variable, then I
just do a \include of this chord library file to have all my chord forms
available when doing arrangements.  I have a naming standard where the
variable names dont get duplicated, I just need a macro processor to
generate each diagram at all fret positions and with all the possible
enharmonic root names.  Having this library will same future time not having
to re-create the diagrams from scratch in each song.