Re: LilyPond and OpenDocument

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: Re: LilyPond and OpenDocument
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 19:39:35 -0700

There is a notice in the sponsoring section of the website that lists something about OOorg. I wrote and asked Han-Wen about it and was told that there was a bridge that made the project possible but that it would be expensive
Quote from Han-Wen-
" I've put the cost for an initial prototype at 1250 eur."

I'm interested but couldn't put up that much by myself and didn't have much Idea of anyone else being interested.

Also other than trying to use it to put music in a text which other people find simple or possible to do via some sort of *teX program (which I remain ignorant of) I am not sure how many people would get any use of the tool.

So if there is a larger interest it's probably a go. Just needs money.

I also think that the use would need to be defined. i.e. why do we want this integration and what do we expect it do allow us to do.

Jay

Tomas Valusek wrote:
Hello,

is there a way to create ODF format from LilyPond, so that I could edit result in OpenOffice.org?

Tomas Valusek