Re: Repeats, coda information and lyrics that jump

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Repeats, coda information and lyrics that jump
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 14:09:09 +0200

It's much easier to answer your questions if you include some
examples of the code you have tried. If possible, try to reduce
your examples in size to a few lines of code that still illustrate
the problem you are facing. If you (and we) are lucky, you might
even find the solution while doing it.

  /Mats

Melanie Grouse wrote:

I have been messing about with some music for about an hour, and I managed to put in a coda symbol, though I am unsure of how to drop in the "Last time to coda" text on the score. I assume it is embedded in the code for the notes? What command do I use? Repeats - I can get a repeat sign, but when I do, it messes up my 6/8 time, and forces it back to common time, I know I must be doing something wrong, but despite a lot of fiddling around, and reading the tips on the web, I'm ready for a definite answer. Does the volta command go into the { } with the notes, or outside them? Lyrics - I decided to put my lyrics onto the score, and pencil in the repeats and coda information so my son could have his music, but when I typed them in, they skipped three bars of music, and won't align. I have put lyrics in successfully in the past, and I don't think I am doing anything different, but it just won't put them under these three bars. Most peculiar. Mel

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology