Re: TimeSig staff in sync with PianoStaff

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: TimeSig staff in sync with PianoStaff
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:33:08 +0200

You don't say how you did your TimeSig staff, but my guess is that it's very hard to achieve this automatically. Wait a second, maybe you could include the music of the piano staves as invisible notes in the extra context that you use for the time signature. However, if you send some of your current code, it will
be much easier to answer your question.

  /Mats

Quoting Kieren Richard MacMillan <address@hidden>:

[ Lilypond 2.8.1 ]

Hello, all!

I'm writing and engraving a piece for small ensemble. I'm using "modern time signatures" (i.e., on a separate line above the system), and the conductor would like a second TimeSig staff just above the piano staff (the bottom-most staff) as well.

No problem... until the piano is tacet for some period of time (French score), at which point we'd like the TimeSig staff to disappear as well.

In other words, the second TimeSig staff needs to be synchronized to appear and disappear precisely when the PianoStaff does, as if they were one staff.

What's the easy way to do this?

Thanks,
Kieren.