lilypond packages now available in Fedora Extras

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: lilypond packages now available in Fedora Extras
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:52:49 -0500

I mentioned on this list a while ago that I was trying to get lilypond into Fedora Extras. The first packages were released yesterday and they should now be installable using "yum install lilypond". There is also a lilypond-doc package available with the HTML docs. Right now these are only available on Fedora 5 and newer. I have no intentions to support Fedora 4 because it used an older version of ghostscript, and that would mean I could only do the 2.6 releases of lilypond. If you're still using FC4, using the GUB installer is your best option. It should also be noted that FC5 only has ghostscript 8.15, and it appears that this may also be the case for FC6. It has been patched it so it doesn't have the large PDF issue, but it still crashes when you try to build the documentation, so clearly there still a few cases where the Fedora packages will not work and you may need the GUB installer.

Quentin