Re: German text characters

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: German text characters
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:50:14 -0700

On 23-May-06, at 3:39 AM, bears388 wrote:

Downloaded the 2.8.2 Manual, and found the entries the same. I also got a unicode character set, but no matter what I try, writing the characters in unicode and saving them as utf-8 and then cutting and pasting,I cannot get the umlauts on any letters that need them. Other people manage this, why can't I?

I'm using Version 2.6.5 and MS Notepad to enter code. Do I need a higher version of Lilypond, or another editor? If so, which? No one else has answered my request except you!

I don't use windows, so I can't help with windows software. Please search the mailist archives for "notepad" or "utf-8 text editor" or something like that. This question has been discussed a few times, but I never really paid attention. Depending on your version of windows, I think that there's an option in the notepad preferences that let you select "save as utf-8".

Cheers,
- Graham