Re: German text characters

From: zrlaszlo
Subject: Re: German text characters
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 06:38:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
there is a reply on 23rd May, 2006, here:
http://www.nabble.com/German+Text+Characters-t1667271.html

I cut&paste here a file I made for testing purposes before I replied to you.
Try to generate a .pdf. I would like to hear about how it works. I know not
too much german, so, if I wrote something weird there, I apologize.

I hope, the html engine the forum uses, will not mess up the code. If it
does, I would appreciate an email to send you the .ly and .pdf files. My
email is:

address@hidden

And now the file:

% Created on Tue May 23 11:05:14 EEST 2006
\version "2.8.0"

\header {
        title = "Letters ä, ë, ö and ß in Lilypond"
        composer = "Helpfully, address@hidden"
}

verse= \lyricmode {Täß- tëß- töß- täß- tëß- töß- täß- tëß- töß.

}

staffSoprano = \new Staff  {
        \time 3/4
        \set Staff.instrument="Soprano"
        \set Staff.midiInstrument="choir aahs"
        \key e \major
        \clef treble
        \relative c' {
                \context Voice = "melodySop" {
                        \dynamicUp
                cis e gis e cis e gis e cis~ cis2.
                }

        \bar "|."

\score {
        <<
                \staffSoprano
                \context Lyrics = "lmelodySop" \lyricmode  { \lyricsto
"melodySop" \verse
}

        \midi {
        }