Re: Inital barnumber?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Inital barnumber?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 01:34:33 -0700

On 23-May-06, at 2:29 PM, Christian Conkle wrote:

I'm working on what the Lilypond docs so nicely term a "musicological document" with lilypond-book excerpts from a Bach fugue. (fis minor from WTCI) I'm using \set Score.currentBarNumber to keep the bar numbering correct, and it would be nice to have Lilypond put a bar number at the beginning of the excerpt. Is this possible?

I believe that this _is_ possible, but it is much more difficult than it should be. The docs say that
barNumberVisibility (procedure)
Procedure that takes an int and returns whether the corresponding bar number should be printed

so if you wrote a procedure to return #t if the currentBarNumber was 1, it should work. I'm not certain how to go about writing such a procedure, though.

I sent this email to -devel as well, as a feature request for a simple property (printFirstBarNumber ?) which does this.

Cheers,
- Graham