Re: Compiling lilypond files from Mutopia

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: Compiling lilypond files from Mutopia
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 10:02:28 -0500

On May 27, 2006, at 8:17 AM, Peter Clarke wrote:

Dear list,
I would like to compile a Lilypond file downloaded from
Mutopia.  It needs an include file (paper-20.ly).  Where
can I get this?  And does that define all the 'extra'
syntax the .ly file seems to contain?

Thanks,

Peter C

Unfortunately, there is no simple way for the Mutopia maintainer (Chris Sawer) to update all the files with each new Lilypond version. I would suggest using the latest stable Lilypond version's convert-ly to update the file. If you can download one of the compiled binary Lilypond versions, use the "convert" function. Depending on how old is the Lilypond version of the Mutopia file, you may have to do some further editing.

Regards,

Stan