Re: Automatic beaming

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: Automatic beaming
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 21:39:22 +0200

Hello list, hello Stewart,

convert-ly and the documentation say, that You can get what You want
with

  \set Staff.beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)

instead of

  #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * * *) 1 4)

But this doesn't seem to work, whereas the following does work:

  \set Staff.beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 2)

You can try ... but You don't need ...

I'm quite sure this is a bug, and I wrote over this two times the last
week, but nobody seems to know an answer. So I was just thinking about
to send en e-mail again, as I saw Your question. :-)

The example You give is very long, so I put my ly-file with six differnt
very short examples (showing, what works, and what not works) in the
attachment.

Best Regards           Roland