Re: ps error under windows xp

From: Russell Lang
Subject: Re: ps error under windows xp
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:46:10 +1000

On 15 Apr 2006 at 19:12, Rev Alan Rufli wrote:

> As a new user of lilypond please forgive the question if it has already been
> answered.
>
> The PS file created by lilypond is unreadable in Ghostscript nor can it be
> imported into any other program i.e word / corel draw.
>
> The problem seems to revolve around missing fonts.
>
> The error message is below
>
> GSview 4.8 2006-02-25
>
> Error: /invalidfileaccess in --file--
>
> Operand stack:
>
>    (C:/Program
> Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/CenturySchL-Bold.ttf)
> (r)

Actually, the problem is caused by LilyPond attempting to read from
arbitrary parts of the file system, which is not allowed.  This is a
change to LilyPond since 2.6.5.  I just tried to convert a file with
2.8.3 and found the same problem.  The PostScript file won't open in
GSview, and it won't print on a PostScript printer.

Is there an easy way to configure lilypond to embed fonts in the PS
file, instead of just inserting a reference to the location on disk?

Russell Lang                   address@hidden
Ghostgum Software Pty Ltd      http://www.ghostgum.com.au/