Re: Different staff sizes?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Different staff sizes?
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:27:54 -0400

Hi, Rick!

For some reason I can't get your link working

Looks like server issues...  =\
[The older, non-mirrored equivalent <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/ input/test/lily-1737238388.ly> seems to work okay.]

Anyway, the example is

\relative c'
<<
    \new Staff
    \with
    {
        fontSize = #-3
        \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -3)
    }
    {
        \clef bass
        c8 c c c  c c c c
    }

It's the two items in the \with block that expose the method you'll need to use.

Best wishes,
Kieren.

p.s. Graham -- shouldn't we try to implement some standards/ conventions within the various examples in different parts of the documentation? e.g., here the Staff is explicitly instantiated *WITHIN* a \relative block, whereas other docs have the other way around, or use variables, or... I imagine this would be *very* confusing to newbies (or even some non-newbies like myself, for example)!? Also, this example has a commented line (not included here, for clarity's sake) which would just add to the confusion! =)