Re: Angle of (de)crescendo

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Angle of (de)crescendo
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:50:27 -0400

Hi, Rick:

I'm just wondering if there's a way to adjust
the angle of a crescendo or decrescendo.

In v2.9, there is!  ;-)

In the NEWS section of the documentation for v2.9, there is the following example -- it demonstrates rotation of Hairpin and markup (which require two different methods):

{
    \override Hairpin #'rotation = #'(20 -1 0)
    g4\<^\markup { \rotate #180 "test" } b d f'\!
}

If you're using a version less than 2.9, I don't know the answer.

Best regards,
Kieren.