Re: Spacing bug in 2.8.2?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Spacing bug in 2.8.2?
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 03:19:01 +0200

Mats Bengtsson schreef:
This was discussed in http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2005-12/msg00043.html

Thanks for the tip. I'm curious though--why would such an important
feature not be turned on by default *and* not be mentioned in the
lilypond manual? Or is having notes/rests nearly flush against the key
signature correct behavior? I would truly like to know. :-)

I'm not sure that it's the right solution though. There might be another sensible approach where for extreme differences in prefatory spacing, you basically get teh maximum, but for other cases, you get some sort of average. I haven't been able to work out what that solution should be though.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com