barline problem

From: Dewdman42
Subject: barline problem
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:09:53 -0700 (PDT)

I am a brand new Lilypond user.  I installed Lilypond and ran the test .ly
file that is included with the installation.  It produced a PDF file.
however, I notice that the barlines stick up above and stick down below just
a little bit beyond the top and bottom ledger line.  Surely this must be a
bug or some mistake or something?  I tried both the current stable version
and the current beta..they both do it.  What gives?  I'm running on Windows
XP.