problem with midi file export

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: problem with midi file export
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:48:53 -0700

XP Pro
lily 2.8x (1 or 4) but doesn't seem to matter the midi files from 2.6x have the
same problem

Before switching to a new machine and xp-pro I had to change the extension on
the midi files to mid
*after* they were produced.  But once I did that I could import it/play it via
the various software that I have.

That is no longer the case when I try to play a midi file produced by lily now
I get

"The specidfied file cannot be played on the specified MCI device.  the file
may be corrupt, not in the correct format, or no fil"

Which I have no idea what that means exactly or how to fix it.  I haven't
figured out a way to change the file extension in XP=pro either and changing it
in the lily file didn't work.

Jay

Jay Hamilton
www.soundand.com