Python scripts on WindowsXP, was: abc2ly on Windows XP

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Python scripts on WindowsXP, was: abc2ly on Windows XP
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:51:29 +0200

> Laura Conrad wrote:
> >I remember from reading the mailing list that there's an issue with
> >the Python that's in the GUB, and that one has to install python
> >separately and make sure that abc2ly is using the separate install
> >and not the one in the GUB.

Mats answered:

> It seems that this is no longer an issue. You can just open a command
> prompt and run the program.

At least for me it is still an issue.
The python scripts do not work with the LilyPond provided python
here.
With a sperately installed Python 2.4.2 some do, some don't:
(I only "really" used convert-ly, tested the others with just the --
version or --help flag, both 2.8.5 and 2.9.10 versions)

working:
abc2ly
convert-ly
etf2ly
lilypond-book
musicxml2ly

midi2ly gives a
"Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)"