RE: Measure problem somewhere

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: RE: Measure problem somewhere
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:00:52 -0400

Hi, LilyPonders -

Thanks, Kieren,  for the help and the bar check tip. I got that section
to look the way I wanted. However, I went back to the beginning and
started entering bar checks and ran into a problem.

I'm running 2.8.4.1 under Windows XP Pro, SP2, and using jEdit 4.3 pre5
with LilyPond Tool and SideKick.

jEdit seems to misinterpret some numeric characters as durations. It
seems LilyPond itself doesn't have the same difficulty. However,  when I
checked the log.ly, even though the music compiled, I got warnings,
including:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
warning: type check for `X-extent' failed; value `(0.0)' must be of type
`pair of numbers'
[8][16][24][32][40]
warning: type check for `X-extent' failed; value `(0.0)' must be of type
`pair of numbers'
[48]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can anyone tell me how to locate the bracketed numbers? They don't
appear to be line numbers or bar numbers. Are they, perhaps, related to
the definition of MarkL and emptyMark? :

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
markL = \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #-1
emptyMark = \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'X-extent = #'(0.0)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your help, and thanks for all the work on LilyPond. I like
it more as I get more used to it. Certainly ABC is more user friendly,
but nowhere near as flexible, especially in circumstances a little off
the beaten track.

Ralph
Ralph Palmer
Energy/Administrative Coordinator