Re: a metronome mark question

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: a metronome mark question
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:42:24 -0700

Dave Phillips wrote:
Greetings:

I've written a part in even eight notes, but I want to indicate in the metronome marking that the rhythm of the even eighths should be played with a swing rhythm, i.e. an eighth-note triplet with a quarter note followed by an eighth. In a score the rhythm would be {\times 2/3 {c'4 c'8}}, and some jazz scores indicate that evenly notated eighths should be played with this rhythmic figure.

The Metronome Marks section of the manual (8.2.2 for LP 2.8.4) shows how to do what I want, but only for single notes and not at all for triplets.

If I've made myself clear, does anyone know how to create the mark I need ? In pseudo-LP code it's something like this:

{c'8 c'} = {\times 2/3 {c'4 c'8}}
Actually everything except the triplet bracket is in the manual:

       8.2.2 Metronome marks

If there isn't a way to do the triplet bracket I would consider cosponsoring this feature with you.

Paul