Re: A new freeware LilyPond editor for Windows

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: A new freeware LilyPond editor for Windows
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:49:02 +0200

Quoting "Rick Hansen (aka RickH)" <address@hidden>:

Thanks, this highlighter is making my work easier too and increased my
understanding of how lp language works.

One question : Do you know how to use convert-ly under windows ? Is this a
separate program I cannot find or it is a command to add with
lilypond(-windows).exe I did not find ? The doc is only dealing with unix
or
Mac.

I have not had the need for conversion yet because my scores worked fine the
last time I upgraded.  It is a command line just like lp, see section 12.3
of the current manual.  Make sure you've backed-up your files before
conversion

Why? If you use convert-ly -e myfile.ly
then a backup of the original will be saved under the name
myfile.ly~

and that the version number is present in the files you are
converting.

Otherwise, you have to use the --from flag of convert-ly.

  /Mats