Re: Tremollos

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Tremollos
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:30:18 +0200

Paul Scott wrote:

Actually it's:
\repeat "tremolo" 8 { c32 d32 }

and I think it would be good if those numbers were documented a little better.

I think it means repeat two 32nd notes 8 times.

Yes, it works the same as all other \repeat commands. Example:

\relative c'{
\time 2/4
\repeat unfold 2 {c8 d} |
\repeat tremolo 2 {c8 d} |
\repeat percent 2 {c8 d} |
\repeat volta 2 {c8 d}
}

Note that all these four alternatives are just different ways to notate the
same music. Of course, for the case of \repeat volta ..., you have to consider
how it should be played.

  /Mats