Re: pasting lilypond output into a Word document

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: pasting lilypond output into a Word document
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:42:47 +0200

Jon Wild wrote:

Diosnel's suggestion below might have been a good idea if I were starting from scratch, but there's just been too much work put into formatting, tweaking tables, importing equations and so forth that there's no way I'm going to scrap it and learn how to do all that in lilypond-book (is it even possible?).

It's certainly possible in LaTeX (lilypond-book just adds LilyPond features to LaTeX). Actually, formatting, tweaking tables and handling equations are among the things I personally find the most troublesome in Word, since I'm used to LaTeX. For scientific typesetting that involves some equations, I would definitely recommend you to learn LaTeX. Of course, it's a bit like LilyPond, there's an initial threshold to get started.

Sorry for going off topic

  /Mats