Re: Getting rid of redundant tuplet brackets in combined voices

From: Markus Schneider
Subject: Re: Getting rid of redundant tuplet brackets in combined voices
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:03:46 +0200

Hello Henrik,

> > this is odd indeed, I can only assume that 2.9.14 typesets tuplet
brackets
> > differently (ie. both at the same spot in this case).
> Are you running 2.9.14 and did it look OK then?
Yes, I do and it looks OK, but I'm almost shure it didn't as I posted the
example first. Anyway, I'm switching between 2.8.5 and 2.9.14 all the time,
so this could be the reason for that. Also I do believe this example looks
good now by pure chance.

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> %%% Produces bus error on OSX and LilyPond 2.9.14 %%%
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Obviously you stumbled upon a bug. I added also ties in the second voice and
after doing so, the snippet compiles. Your version of the snippet didn't
produce any (pdf-) output here on W2K/2.9.14.
On the other hand, this bug can be worked around by using phrasing-slurs
instead. Regular Slurs also won't compile like ties, if present only in one
voice.

Markus

%%% Snippet Begin
%%% This compiles, but again two sets of tuplet brackets (W2K/2.9.14)
\score {
  <<
  \new Staff {
    \partcombine