Re: Sponsored feature request--partially-tied chords

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Sponsored feature request--partially-tied chords
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:57:51 +0200

Steve D wrote:
Trevor Baca recently asked how one might write in LilyPond tied chords in
which only *some* (one or more, but not all) notes are tied to the
following identical chord.

I am also interested in this, because it sometimes happens in piano
music, and I would be interested in sponsoring a feature in LilyPond which one could use to prevent one or more notes within a chord from
being tied.

At any rate, if Han-Wen thinks this is worthy of some thought and
effort, I would be happy to sponsor such a user-specified "selective
exclusion of notes" or partially tied chord feature.

it's easiest to add a property so you can do

  <c e \tweak #'forbid-tie = ##t g bes>

cost: 65 EUR.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation