Re: forcing even eighth notes in a single bar

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Re: forcing even eighth notes in a single bar
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:19:23 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kieren MacMillan" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:24 AM
Subject: forcing even eighth notes in a single bar

----

----

> Is there any easy way to force Lilypond to use "exact eighth notes"
> for just this measure?
>  From what I've seen in the docs, I'm worried that most proportional
> spacing commands are score-wide...
>
> For what it's worth, I'm happy to manually tweak the lyric syllables
> to fit to the note alignment...
>
> Thanks,
> Kieren.
Hi Kieren,

I've had similar issues in some baroque scores especially with florid
melisma's. I'm not familiar with the proportional notation commands, but I'
ve found that putting into the bass part hidden repeated 16th or 32nd notes
in the bar (depending on the size of the gap you want between the 8th notes)
this tends to even out the bar. This might be easier than manually tweaking
the individual syllables.

Trent