Re: tweak of the crescendotext

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: Re: tweak of the crescendotext
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:56:11 +0200

yota <address@hidden> wrote:

> is such a dynamic indication a TextScript or a DynamicText or something else
> ?... I tried some tweaks but everything failed.

At the bottom of this page:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/Dynamics.html#Dynamics

I found the answer to your question. It's the DynamicTextSpanner object
that has to be tweaked. Adding the override below moves your cresc
marking down and to the left (the firs number in the list (-5) moves it
to the left, and the second moves it down).

I personally like the extra-offset property since it allows me to move
an object in any way with only one command. I would assume that 'padding'
and 'center-align' properties would also work. The extra-offset property
is defined in the 'grob-interface' which is inherited by most
objects. The way to find out which preperties can be tweaked for a
particualr object is to look in the documentation (Dynamics in this
case) and check the name of the object. This name is hyperlinked to the
Program Reference in which the properties for this object are
listed. Further, the interfaces supported by that object are linked from
this page and those proerties can also be set through this object. All
that may or may not help you understand the documentation better ;-).

best,

/Henrik

        \set crescendoText = \markup { \italic "poco a poco cresc." }
        \set crescendoSpanner = #'dashed-line
        \override DynamicTextSpanner #'extra-offset = #'(-5.0 . -3.0)
        r4  \times 2/3 { a8->( \accent \< bes a) \!} r4