Re: Adding a little horz. space between 2 bumping notes

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Adding a little horz. space between 2 bumping notes
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:55:40 -0700 (PDT)

Here is my source code, sorry it's so "busy" but I had to cut and paste from
my template files to make an example, (I dont want to change the basic
stucture of my template because it works quite well otherwise).  To see the
change just add or remove th "\6" string indicator after the "f,," note and
you'll see what happens.  This example will run as-is just paste into
lilypond.  (My template also has a chord names, lyrics and melody staffs
which I stripped for brevity, it does not change the behavior of the bumping
notes which occur in this example using v2.8.5 prebuilt binary)

% BEGIN SAMPLE

\version "2.8.5"
\include "english.ly"

#(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)
#(set-global-staff-size 18)

varKey = { \key f \major }
varTime = { \time 4/4 }
varStyle = "Bouncy"
varScaleFactor = #1.5
varSystemCount = #1

varVoiceMelody = \relative c'' {
r8 c4 c8 c' c r c

}

varVoiceBass = \relative c' {
s8 <e a>4.->  2

}

varVoiceInner = \relative c'' {
\once \override StringNumber #'transparent = ##t
<f,,>2 s2

}

% THIS CODE IS IN MY TEMPLATE INCLUDE FILE

\score {

{

   \new ChoirStaff <<

   \new Staff \with {
voltaOnThisStaff = ##f
instrument = \markup { \sans "" }
stringNumberOrientations = #'(right)
fontSize = \varScaleFactor
\override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep varScaleFactor)
   } % end with
   {
         #(set-accidental-style 'modern)
        \clef "treble"
        \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left \mark
\markup { \bold \smaller \varStyle }
                \varKey
                \varTime
                <<
                \new Voice="voiceMelody" { \voiceOne \varVoiceMelody \oneVoice
} \\
                \new Voice="voiceInner" { \voiceThree \stemNeutral
\varVoiceInner
\oneVoice } \\
                \new Voice="voiceBass" { \voiceTwo \varVoiceBass \oneVoice }

                \oneVoice
   } % end guitar staff

} % end score single expression

   \layout {
         ragged-right = ##t
         ragged-last = ##t
           ragged-bottom = ##t
           ragged-last-bottom = ##t
                indent = 0.2\in
                system-count = \varSystemCount
                \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
                \context { \Score
                        \override RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbol = #'clef
                        \override RehearsalMark #'font-size = #1.0
                        \override RehearsalMark #'Y-offset = #2
                        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
                        \override BarNumber #'padding = #2.0
            \consists Span_bar_engraver
            \override SpanBar #'break-visibility = #center-invisible
                }
                \context { \Staff
                        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 .
0)
                        \override TextSpanner #'direction = #DOWN
                        \override TextSpanner #'font-size = #-2
                        \override StringNumber #'font-size = #-7
                        \override StringNumber #'padding = #0.8
         }
                \context { \Lyrics
                   \override LyricSpace #'minimum-distance = #0.6
                   %\override LyricText #'font-shape = #'italic
                   \override LyricText #'font-size = #-.5
         }
                \context { \ChordNames
            %\override ChordName #'font-size = #-.5
                        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
                }
   } % end layout

} % end main score

% END SAMPLE CODE