Re: Displaying scores

From: Dave Phillips
Subject: Re: Displaying scores
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:45:21 -0400

Chuckk wrote:

I am using evince to view Lilypond's pdf output, and in fairly simple
things (output by Rosegarden), and I'm seeing note stems of different
thicknesses.  If I zoom in, they are still different thicknesses, and
some of the stems don't exactly line up against the noteheads.  Is
there another Linux pdf viewer that is more accurate?
I have Lilypond 2.8.6.
I prefer to use GhostView (aka gv) to view PostScript instead of PDF. However, I usually print from the Adobe Acrobat Reader (Linux version). It's not perfect, but it certainly has a better feature set than xpdf. Scores look okay in Acroread, better in GhostView (IMPO).

And as mentioned, using "gv --watch" gives me a near-realtime environment for the edit/compile/view cycle.

Best,

dp