Re: [somewhat-OT] tweaking Lilypond PS/PDF output in (e.g.) Illustrator

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: [somewhat-OT] tweaking Lilypond PS/PDF output in (e.g.) Illustrator
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:57:04 -0500

On 3/5/06, Kieren Richard MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, Han-Wen, etc.:

> you have to install both the Century Schoolbook font, and the feta-
> alphabet fonts so Illustrator recognizes it.
> I expect that you will need to convert the feta-alphabet* fonts to
> TTF, eg. using fontforge.

Hi Kieren,

I seem to be now where you were back in February: I want to stick
lilypond output into InDesign (pretty close to Illustrator) and I'm
having all sorts of fun. I'm on OS X Intel with 2.9.16 and I was able
to use FontBook to tell OS X about Emmentaler and New Century
Schoolbook (by digging around and finding the otf folder within the
LilyPond.app package). And, happily, the InDesign font menu shows both
Emmentaler and New Century Schoolbook (and imported EPS stuff looks
great ... except that I have no noteheads ...)

I think what's missing now is that InDesign doesn't know about the
Feta .pfa fonts.

Do you still have you TTF versions you cooked up in February? And
would you be willing to share?

Also, did you ever go the EPS route when you were importing to
Illustrator, or do you always import PDF? (Because it seems like
forcibly embedding in an EPS might be a more reliable way of
proceding, so I was curious if there's a reason to go the PDF route
instead.)

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača