Re: LilyPondTool 2.8 - release

From: Stephen Corey
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool 2.8 - release
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 18:23:44 -0400

Bert,

Loaded your new tool on my Suse 10.1 Linux setup and it seems to work
mostly okay.  I love the pdf viewer and the point and click feature is
awesome.  For me at least, closing the viewer will also close (or maybe
crash) jEdit.  Not sure if that is intended.  And the viewer did crash
jEdit for me a couple of times right at the end of loading an updated
image. But I couldn't find any pattern to the crash.  It seems like if I
click on any note once the viewer is first opened, that subsequent updates
don't crash it.  I also LOVE the fact that one can print from the viewer.

Only had time to open existing files and play with them a bit.  Will try
creating from scratch later on this evening and see how it goes.  But for
now, let me just say Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

And please post a note once that PayPal account is open and I'll donate
what I can.

By the way, any Linux users will need to change the "Path to LilyPond
binary" under Plugin Options.  I pointed mine to /home/steve/bin/ and it
worked fine afterward.  Great job Bert!

Stephen Corey
Richmond, Virginia USA