Key Signatures on Lilypond

From: Karen
Subject: Key Signatures on Lilypond
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:16:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hello

I have recently started using Lilypond to typset quite a lot of songs and have a
comment...

When a key signature has been entered, it would be great if the notes could
automatically be recognised as they would appear on the page, for example in the
key of F major (one flat in the key signature) it is irritating to have to
always put 'bes' for the b flat note, when on the printed page it of course
appears without an accidental sign before it.  That's OK for notes needing
accidentals, but in keys with 2 or more sharps or flats it's a lot more typing!!

Is anyone working on this?  Could it be an optional command to be used under
"score"?

Otherwise, I love it - thanks so much for the hard work.

Karen