Re: sponsorship offer: \lyricsto with \partcombine

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: sponsorship offer: \lyricsto with \partcombine
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:08:49 +0200

Erik Sandberg wrote:
Citerar Ted Walther <address@hidden>:

To typeset hymns with the same high quality that lilypond brings to
other areas of music typesetting, I need to be able to use \lyricsto
with \partcombine.

What exactly do you want to do?

If you want to align one lyric line to one voice, and another lyric line to
another voice, then you can do something like:
<<
\partcombine \sopNotes \altoNotes
\new Devnull="sop" \sopNotes
\lyricsto "sop" \sopLyrics
\new Devnull="alto" \altoNotes
\lyricsto "alto" \altoLyrics

I think the proper thing to do is allow a new property to override associatedVoice, by eg. associatedVoices, a list of strings. The lyric engraver/iterator combo could then try a second context if the first one is inactive.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com