polyphonic layout

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: polyphonic layout
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:27:09 +0100

Hello,

I am new to this mailing list. I hope it's ok to ask these questions here.
If not, please excuse.

I want to write a score with two systems and two voices in the lower system.
I found some trouble with it.

1) In the upper system I need a full 6/8 rest. But r1 stands for 8/8 rest.
How do I get the full rest, hanging centered at the fourth line?

2) In the second measure I would prefer stems down. I think this would be
correct, since the notes g and d are equal far away from the middle line.

3) The lower system has an overlay of the rest and the g. I assume Lilypond
counts the voices from top to bottom. So I changed the order in the second
measure. But this gives a too high rest. It should be from third to fifths
line.

4) The slurs in the lower system should be in opposite to the stem. I tried
to set the parentheses inside the angle brackets to get them bound to d-g
and es-g but then they disappeared at all.

I hope I have not violated the culture in this mailing list.

Disclaimer:
When I write "it should", I mean these are the notation rules I know. I
don't know in what way Lilypond could "see" this automatically. With I high
probability I have used Lilypond in the wrong way. I don't want to critic
the program and hope you can give me advises how to handle.

Regards,
Helge