pitchedTrill and afterGrace together in the same voice?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: pitchedTrill and afterGrace together in the same voice?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:37:55 -0600

Hi,

What's the right way to combine pitchedTrill and afterGrace in the same voice?

For example, here's pitchedTrill doing what I want:

\version "2.9.28"

\new Staff {
     \pitchedTrill
     fis''8.
     \startTrillSpan f''
     r8
     \stopTrillSpan
}

And here's afterGrace doing what I want:

\version "2.9.28"

\new Staff {
     \afterGrace
     fis''8.
     {g''16}
     r8
}

But combining pitchedTrill with afterGrace gives a wide and varied
array of warnings and errors, for example:

\version "2.9.28"

\new Staff {
     \afterGrace
     \pitchedTrill
     fis''8.
     \startTrillSpan f'
     {g''16}
     r8
     \stopTrillSpan
}

Parsing...
Interpreting music...
346.ly:10:16: warning: can't find start of trill spanner

               \stopTrillSpan
Preprocessing graphical objects...

Other permutations of input commands generate similar results.

Is there a good way to combine pitchedTrill and afterGrace?

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden