Re: Beaming strategy

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Beaming strategy
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:01:54 +0100

If you look into printed scores from your bookshelf, I wouldn't
be surprised if you found that they mostly use the same typesetting
practice as LilyPond does. Note that 16th notes and quicker are
split into 4 beams per measure in common time, it's only 8th notes
that are grouped into 2 beams per measure.

   /Mats

Quoting John Mandereau <address@hidden>:

Johan Vromans wrote:
[...]
However (as you can see from my other posting) I'm stull puzzled why
this is not default behaviour.

According to the number of scores I've read, beaming eights into
4-groups in 4/4 time is an engraving tradition, that's why LilyPond does
the same.

John Mandereau <address@hidden>