Re: which language for programming

From: bbarros
Subject: Re: which language for programming
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:48:49 +0100

python?

it has a simple syntax and it is very powerful,
a nice first language and for experienced programmers too.

2006/11/22, Ed Ardzinski < address@hidden>:
I am a programmer so I'll give a few comments...

>I'm trying to choose a language to learn programming.

Very well and admirable.  Programming is nothing mysterious.  Juat a
rigorous application of logic.  IMO creating a computer program is not all
that much different from writing a piece of music.

>but I don't have particular project on my table.

This is somewhat of a problem.  You can get tutorial books, but unless you
have something in mind that you want to do the tutorial books can become
dead ends.

>So I was wondering if a good idea wouldn't be to use the same language as
>lilypond

If Lilypond is written in C++ (and I do see some hints of C type syntax when
I use Lilypond) this *might* be a factor to consider.  But... C and C++ are
fairly complex languages and have steep learning curves.  If you an abject
beginner with programming I suggest starting out with Visual Basic and
concentrating on trying to develop good programming practices.  That will
make a switch to a more difficult language easier.

Good luck!