Slant of beams

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Slant of beams
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:47:10 +0100

Hello,

I have an excerpt of my score, that doesn't look nice. The beams are
horizontal in the first measure and I don't know why. The stem's length of D
and C is much too small. To avoid a collision the slur has been blown up and
looks like, ... "blown up".

How can I change the beam's slope (or whatever the correct English word is
;-)?

Regards,
Helge

\version "2.7.39"