\parallelMusic and PianoStaff, again

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: \parallelMusic and PianoStaff, again
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:26:43 -0500

Hi -

I'm running LilyPond 2.10.0 under Windows XP Pro SP2.

With Mats' help, I've come closer, but still no joy.

To clarify, I'm looking for a way to combine \parallelMusic with
PianoStaff, so that I get a way to write polyphony on a piano staff, and
write the polyphony one measure at a time. The reason for writing all
four parts one measure at a time is that doing so makes it a lot easier
(I think) to spot problems and make corrections. Otherwise, after ten
page of score, I think it would get cumbersome to write and check the
results.

Here's what I've got so far. I added another measure, to see if I could
figure out how \parallelMusic behaves.

Ralph

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%begin snippet

\version "2.10.0"
\include "english.ly"

Music = {
       \key c \major

       \time 4/4
        \parallelMusic #'(voiceA voiceB voiceC voiceD) {
        {r8    g'16[ c''] e''[ g' c'' e''] r8    g'16[ c''] e''[ g' c''
e''] |
        c'2                               c'2

        r8    a16[ d'] f'[ a d' f'] r8    a16[ d'] f'[ a d' f']

        c2                               c2

        }
        {a'8 b'         c'' d''            e'' f''            g'' a'''

        d'4              d'                d'                d'

        c'16 d' e' f'    d' e' f' g'       e' f' g' a'       f' g' a' b'

        a4               a4                a4                a4

\score {
             \new PianoStaff<<
                  \new Staff <<
            \Music
            \new Voice \voiceA
%{  also tried
           \new Voice \voiceOne \voiceA
                  with \voiceTwo, voiceThree, and voiceFour
                  added in the comparable places for \voiceB through
\voiceD
%}
                    \new Voice \voiceB

                  \new Staff <<