Re: SATB with automatic piano reduction - dynamics?

From: Jonathan Henkelman
Subject: Re: SATB with automatic piano reduction - dynamics?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:03:42 +0000 (UTC)

Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson <at> ee.kth.se> writes:

[snip override solution]

> However, do you really need \partcombine? Often you can get very far with
>
>    \new PianoStaff <<
>       \new Staff { \clef treble \Key \Time
>           << \sopranoMusic \\ \altoMusic >>
>       } % Staff
>     >> % Piano Staff
>
> or even
>
>    \new PianoStaff <<
>       \new Staff { \clef treble \Key \Time
>           \new Voice << \sopranoMusic \altoMusic >>
>       } % Staff
>     >> % Piano Staff
>
> Then, you can easily remove the Dynamic engraver, for example in the
> first case you can do:
>
>   \new PianoStaff <<
>       \new Staff { \clef treble \Key \Time
>           << \new Voice \with {\remove Dynamic_engraver } \sopranoMusic \\
>               \altoMusic >>
>       } % Staff
>     >> % Piano Staff

Thanks much.  This worked very elegantly.  I applyed the \voiceOne, Two etc.
keyword to get the stems the right way.  I can apply the tweak in the piano
score section of the manual to get the dynamics centred vertically between the
staves.

It seems to me that this is an easier way to tackle the problem than the
template provided in the manual?

Thanks much,
Jonathan