Re: marche unitonale

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: marche unitonale
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 23:04:35 +0100

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> David Bobroff wrote:
> > If I correctly understand your example the English term you mean is
> > "sequence." That is, a pattern which repeats in a different part of the
> > scale.  As far as I know this is not possible with LilyPond.  There is a
> > \transpose function but this is not what you want, I think.
> >
> It certainly can be done, but you may have to write a few lines of Scheme
> code to do it. You may want to take a look at the example called
> "smart-transpose.ly"
> in the Tips and Tricks document, which makes something related.

I'm dreaming of a (scheme?) module implementing scales and modes, which
would provide chords and scales generators, and transposition functions.
Of course, that's more easy to say than to do. In the future, I'd like
to (co-)work on this. Or might it be a sponsored feature?

This kind of feature is not a part of the engraving process itself, but
it definitely saves typing, like \relative.

Best regards,
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>